Home
March 2013
February  2013
January 2013
January 24 2012
January 3 2012
November 15 2011
October 18 2011
September 6 2011
April 2 2011
March 21 2011
February 24 2011
February 1 2011
January 10 2011
November 29 2010
Generator rebuild
February 22 2010
February 1 2010
January 16 2010
January 7 2010
December 7 2009
November 25 2009
September 13 2009
March 11 2009
February 23 2009
February 1 2009
January 26 2009
December 20 2008
September 5
November 14 2005
November 1 2005
October 12 2005
days 91-100
days 81-90
days 71-80
days 61-70
days 51-60
days 41-50
days 31-40
days 21-30
days 11-20
days 1-10
The Start

 

Day 41

This morning I installed the vent panel with screws and nails ( both stainless steel) and polyurethane sealant.  I think the polyurethane sealant will work better than the cloth tape the factory used to keep down squeaks. I welded the seam just below the door striker and another down by the sill cover.  Everything looks good except the bottom of the front door sticks out too much.  The door may be twisted or the center post may be out to far. still it feels good to have this side done. 

Day 42

I made a small part to cap the bottom of the rear door shut and finished off that area. I spent the rest of the day reorganizing and building a dolly for the tig welder.  This required welding 1/4 inch thick steel, very different than welding the thin stuff.

Day 43

I finished welding the dolly and put a coat of paint on it. Then it was time to move to the left side of the car.  I removed the front fender and the vent panel. The vent panel came off much easier than on the right side.  Experience helped along with less wood to hold everything together. No wood is left of the curved door shut parts and the windshield post had has rot. I don't look forward to replacing the whole windshield post. I may try to patch it.

Day 43-50

No riley work