Home
March 2013
February  2013
January 2013
January 24 2012
January 3 2012
November 15 2011
October 18 2011
September 6 2011
April 2 2011
March 21 2011
February 24 2011
February 1 2011
January 10 2011
November 29 2010
Generator rebuild
February 22 2010
February 1 2010
January 16 2010
January 7 2010
December 7 2009
November 25 2009
September 13 2009
March 11 2009
February 23 2009
February 1 2009
January 26 2009
December 20 2008
September 5
November 14 2005
November 1 2005
October 12 2005
days 91-100
days 81-90
days 71-80
days 61-70
days 51-60
days 41-50
days 31-40
days 21-30
days 11-20
days 1-10
The Start

 

February 1 

The work on the rear fenders has progressed to the point where it is time to apply some filler.   I brushed the fenders with phosphoric acid to remove any traces of rust. Then on with a thin coat of body filler.

February 2

With a block and some 80 grit paper I sanded the first coat of filler. Then I sandblasted the running boards and the horn parts. Ended the day by powder coating the horn parts.

 

February 3

More filler work on the rear wings and running boards I also did some  metal work on the bonnet center support. I reassembled the horns. One horn is a Lucas the other a Clear Hooter.  I assume the Clear Hooter was a replacement for a defective unit.

February 4

More sanding and filling. It never ends!

February 7

Over the weekend I went through my stash of parts and found two matching horns.  They are of an older design than my others but in better shape. I disassembled them and cleaned them up a bit.  In the parts stash I also found rear mud flaps, spare tire hold down bracket a jack and the lug nut wrench.

Today I brought the front fenders the number plate valiance and some small parts outside and sandblasted them.  I concentrated on the underside of the fenders and got them nicely cleaned up. The small parts including the horn parts will need to be powder coated.

February 8

Sanded the rear fenders and filled some low spots, again ! Powder coated the horn and other parts. I turned my attentions and sander to the front fenders. I picked the left one to start with after sanding I started hammering the dents out. Once again slow going. For fun I reassembled the horns They work fine and look good. I hope to finish the body work by the end of February.  Ha ha ha

 

February 9

More work on the front left fender.

February 10 

I finished all the work I can do straitening out the front left fender now it needs some filler.  Started on right front fender. this one needs lots of work, the front is wrinkled and there two large creases down the side. 

February 13

I worked on the jack. Sanded painted polished and greased. I just noticed while posting the pictures of the jack that I assembled it incorrectly. See if you can spot the error.